Butternut Squash vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Butternut squash
At first glance, you can see that in butternut squash is much less calories than in parsnips.
Butternut squash has 45 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 67%.
In butternut squash and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare butternut squash with parsnips in details.
Fact 2: Butternut squash And Parsnips Nutrition Difference
Parsnips vs Butternut squash: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Butternut squash||Parsnips|
|Carbohydrates||11.69 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.7 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||33 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||352 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.154 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||22.5 mg|
Less protein in butternut squash
It is aslo easy to see see that in butternut squash is less protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 1g per 100g of butternut squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 20%.
Less carbohydrates in butternut squash
In butternut squash is less carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 11.69g/100g in butternut squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54%.
Less fat in butternut squash
In butternut squash is less fats than in parsnips.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in parsnips and 0.1g/100g in butternut squash. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates11.69 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | mashed
- 91% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: parsnips vs butternut squash
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash 11% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips 150% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash 71% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips 50% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 484% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 148% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium C: butternut squash 24% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 1945% more than butternut squash
Minerals: butternut squash vs parsnips
- Calcium: butternut squash 33% more than parsnips
- Iron: butternut squash 19% more than parsnips
- Magnessium: butternut squash 17% more than parsnips
- Phosphorus: parsnips 115% more than butternut squash
- Potassium: parsnips 7% more than butternut squash
- Sodium: parsnips 150% more than butternut squash
- Zink: parsnips 293% more than butternut squash
Compares of butternut squash
- Butternut Squash vs Artichoke
- Butternut Squash vs Asparagus
- Butternut Squash vs Beetroot
- Butternut Squash vs Calabash
- Butternut Squash vs Broccoli
- Butternut Squash vs Cabbage
- see all compares of butternut squash
Compares of parsnips
- Calories from Butternut squash
- Calories of Cabbage
- Calories in Carrot
- Cassava calories per 100g
- Cauliflower carbs per 100g
- Fodder cabbage protein per 100g
- Cucumber fat per 100g
- How many calories does eggplant have?
- Calories in handful of fava beans
- Calories in tablespoon of fava beans
- How much protein in fennel?
- Butternut Squash vs Peas nutrition
- Butternut Squash vs Potato calories
- Butternut Squash vs Pumpkin protein
- Butternut Squash vs Spinach sugar
- Butternut Squash vs Corn vitamins
- Butternut Squash vs Sweet Potato dietary fiber
- Butternut Squash vs Tomato vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Turnip magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Yam potassium