Brown Rice vs Raw Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is just a little more calories than in raw pasta.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and raw pasta 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In brown rice and in raw pasta most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with raw pasta in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And Raw pasta Nutrition Difference
Raw pasta vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Raw pasta|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||77.6 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||1.6 g|
|Saturated fat||0.49 g||0.31 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||2.4 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||11 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||1.3 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||149 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||0.98 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.38 mg|
Less protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is less protein than in raw pasta.
There is 11g per 100g of raw pasta and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in raw pasta.
There is 77.6g/100g of carbohydrates in raw pasta and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in brown rice
In brown rice is more fats than in raw pasta.
The tables above show us that there is 1.6g/100g of fats in raw pasta and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 72%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Saturated fat0.49 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: raw pasta vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brown rice 73% more than raw pasta
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): brown rice 53% more than raw pasta
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 407% more than raw pasta
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 481% more than raw pasta
- Vitaminium E: raw pasta 322% more than brown rice
Minerals: brown rice vs raw pasta
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of raw pasta
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does white wine have?
- Calories in slice of turkey salami
- How much protein in coconut shrims?
- Fluor vs Oat Flour nutrition
- Flour vs Almond Flour calories
- Arrowroot Flour vs Fluor protein
- Potato Flour vs Wheat Flour sugar
- Potato Flour vs Arrowroot Flour vitamins
- Potato Flour vs Cornstarch dietary fiber
- Potato Flour vs All-Purpose Flour vitaminium C
- Soy Flour vs Wheat Flour magnessium
- Soy Flour vs Almond Flour potassium