Black Beans vs Brown Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Black beans
At first glance, you can see that in black beans is just a little less calories than in brown rice.
Black beans has 341 kcal per 100g and brown rice 370 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 9%.
In black beans and in brown rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare black beans with brown rice in details.
Fact 2: Black beans And Brown rice Nutrition Difference
Brown rice vs Black beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Black beans||Brown rice|
|Carbohydrates||62.36 g||78.68 g|
|Fat||1.42 g||2.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.5 g||3.5 g|
|Protein||21.6 g||7.6 g|
|Water||11.02 g||9.82 g|
|Calcium||123 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||5.02 mg||1.16 mg|
|Magnessium||171 mg||98 mg|
|Potassium||1483 mg||219 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.9 mg||0.277 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.193 mg||0.092 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.955 mg||4.973 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.286 mg||0.407 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.444 mg||0.014 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.006 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in black beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in black beans is more protein than in brown rice.
There is 7.6g per 100g of brown rice and 21.6g per 100g of black beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 184%.
Less carbohydrates in black beans
In black beans is less carbohydrates than in brown rice.
There is 78.68g/100g of carbohydrates in brown rice and 62.36g/100g in black beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 26%.
Less fat in black beans
In black beans is less fats than in brown rice.
The tables above show us that there is 2.75g/100g of fats in brown rice and 1.42g/100g in black beans. In this case difference is about 94%.
- Carbohydrates62.36 g
- Fat1.42 g
- Dietary fiber15.5 g
- Protein21.6 g
- Water11.02 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: brown rice vs black beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): black beans 225% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): black beans 110% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 154% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 42% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): black beans 3071% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: black beans 133% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium K: black beans 500% more than brown rice
Minerals: black beans vs brown rice
Compares of black beans
- Black Beans vs Fava Beans
- Black Beans vs Lima Beans
- Black Beans vs Lentil
- Black Beans vs Edamame
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans
- see all compares of black beans
Compares of brown rice
- Calories from Black beans
- Calories of Black bread
- Calories in Fried egg white
- Roasted cashews calories per 100g
- Dried Goji berries carbs per 100g
- Sweet potato mash protein per 100g
- Egg salad fat per 100g
- How many calories does brown bread have?
- Calories in a half of tortilla
- Calories in whole tortilla
- Calories for one, two or more tortillas
- How much protein in McRoyal?