Margarine: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Margarine: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in margarine?
Case in point, tablespoon of margarine (18 g) has about 129 calories.
It is about 5% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon margarine is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 6.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 18 minutes, swim for about 15 minutes or run for 13 minutes.
See all nutrition data of margarine on charts.
Margarine: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of margarine?
As I wrote before 100g has 717 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of margarine.
- Tablespoon of margarine (18g)129 kcal
- Teaspoon of margarine (9g)65 kcal
- Cup of margarine (225g)1613 kcal
- Half cup of margarine (112.5g)807 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of margarine203 kcal
- 10g of margarine72 kcal
- 20g of margarine143 kcal
- 50g of margarine359 kcal
- 100g of margarine717 kcal
Protein in margarine
Margarine has 0.16 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of margarine (18 g) you can see that you will get about 0 g of protein.
Carbs in margarine
Margarine has 0.7 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of margarine (18 g) has about 0.1 g of carbs.
Fat in margarine
Margarine has 80.71 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of margarine (18 g) has about 14.5 g of fat.
tablespoon of margarine (18 g) has:129kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
margarine - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A3577 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.01 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.037 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.023 mg
- Vitaminium B60.009 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.001 mcg
- Vitaminium C0.2 mg
- Vitaminium E9 mg
- Vitaminium K0.093 mg
Energy content of margarine
- 0% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 100% FAT
margarine - minerals per 100g
- Potassium18 mg
- Phosphorus93 mg
- Magnessium3 mg
- Calcium3 mg
- Sodium2 mg
- Iron0.06 mg
- Zink93 mg
Does margarine make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Very hight count of calories in margarine puts this product at the top of hight calorific fats and oils. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific fats and oils, margarine seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other fats and oils.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If margarine contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare margarine with other oils
When you look at charts below you will see how margarine looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
- How many calories does wild rice have?
- Calories in a half of banana strawberry smoothie
- Calories in whole banana strawberry smoothie
- Calories for one, two or more banana strawberry smoothie
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in stevia?
- How much fat in Kung Pao beef?
- How much protein in Manhattan?
- What is weight of chocolate milk shake?
- Soft pretzel calories per ounce (oz)
- Fish taco calories per serving size