Brown Rice vs Barley: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is just a little more calories than in barley.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and barley 352 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5%.
In brown rice and in barley most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with barley in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And Barley Nutrition Difference
Barley vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Barley|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||77.72 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||1.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||15.6 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||9.91 g|
|Water||9.82 g||10.09 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||29 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||2.5 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||280 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.191 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.114 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||4.604 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.014 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is less protein than in barley.
There is 9.91g per 100g of barley and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 30%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in barley.
There is 77.72g/100g of carbohydrates in barley and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in brown rice
In brown rice is more fats than in barley.
The tables above show us that there is 1.16g/100g of fats in barley and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 137%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
- Water9.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: barley vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brown rice 45% more than barley
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): barley 24% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 8% more than barley
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 57% more than barley
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): barley 64% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: brown rice 350% more than barley
- Vitaminium K: barley 100% more than brown rice
Minerals: brown rice vs barley
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of barley
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does white wine have?
- Calories in slice of turkey salami
- How much protein in coconut shrims?