Blue Cheese vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Blue cheese
At first glance, you can see that in blue cheese is less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Blue cheese has 353 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 11%.
In blue cheese and in Swiss cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare blue cheese with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Blue cheese And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Blue cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Blue cheese||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.34 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||28.74 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||21.4 g||26.96 g|
|Water||42.41 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||528 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.31 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||256 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||1146 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.029 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.382 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.016 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.166 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.036 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in blue cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in blue cheese is less protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 21.4g per 100g of blue cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
More carbohydrates in blue cheese
In blue cheese is more carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 2.34g/100g in blue cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 63%.
Less fat in blue cheese
In blue cheese is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 28.74g/100g in blue cheese. In this case difference is about 8%.
- Carbohydrates2.34 g
- Fat28.74 g
- Protein21.4 g
- Water42.41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | crumbled | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 3% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs blue cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): blue cheese 164% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): blue cheese 26% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): blue cheese 1488% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6: blue cheese 134% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): blue cheese 260% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 140% more than blue cheese
- Vitaminium K: blue cheese 100% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: blue cheese vs Swiss cheese
- Calcium: Swiss cheese 69% more than blue cheese
- Iron: blue cheese 138% more than Swiss cheese
- Magnessium: Swiss cheese 43% more than blue cheese
- Phosphorus: blue cheese 71% more than Swiss cheese
- Potassium: blue cheese 256% more than Swiss cheese
- Sodium: blue cheese 513% more than Swiss cheese
- Zink: blue cheese 71% more than Swiss cheese
Compares of blue cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Brie
- Blue Cheese vs Camembert
- Blue Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Parmesan
- see all compares of blue cheese
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Blue cheese
- Calories of Mustard
- Calories in Pork sausage
- Coconut milk calories per 100g
- Squid carbs per 100g
- Agave syrup protein per 100g
- Zebra cakes fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber sushi roll have?
- Calories in a half of ricotta cheese
- Calories in whole ricotta cheese
- Calories for one, two or more ricotta cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Calories in teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- How much protein in kalamata olives?