Squid: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Squid: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in squid?
For example, standard serving size of squid (100 g) has about 92 calories.
It is about 4% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from standard serving size of squid is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 4.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 13 minutes, swim for about 11 minutes or run for 9 minutes.
See all nutrition data of squid on charts.
Squid: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in standard serving size, ring , cup or half cup of squid?
As I wrote before 100g has 92 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. standard serving size, ring , cup or half cup of squid.
- Standard serving size of squid (100 g)92 kcal
- Squid ring (5g)5 kcal
- Cup of squid (120g)110 kcal
- Half cup of squid (60g)55 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of squid26 kcal
- 10g of squid9 kcal
- 20g of squid18 kcal
- 50g of squid46 kcal
- 100g of squid92 kcal
Protein in squid
Squid has 15.58 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size of squid (100 g) you can see that you will get about 15.6 g of protein.
Carbs in squid
Squid has 3.08 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size of squid (100 g) has about 3.1 g of carbs.
Fat in squid
Squid has 1.38 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size of squid (100 g) has about 1.4 g of fat.
standard serving size of squid (100 g) has:92kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
squid - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A33 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.02 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.412 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)2.175 mg
- Vitaminium B60.056 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.005 mcg
- Vitaminium C4.7 mg
- Vitaminium E1.2 mg
Energy content of squid
- 14% CARBS
- 72% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
squid - minerals per 100g
- Potassium246 mg
- Phosphorus10 mg
- Magnessium33 mg
- Calcium32 mg
- Sodium44 mg
- Iron0.68 mg
- Zink10 mg
Does squid cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Extremely hight number of calories in squid puts this product at the top of hight calorific seafood. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seafood, squid seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other seafood.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If squid contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare squid with other seafood
When you look at charts below you will see how squid looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Chalupa have?
- Calories in a half of pulled pork sandwich
- Calories in whole pulled pork sandwich
- Calories for one, two or more pulled pork sandwiches
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in bone broth?
- How much fat in chicken parmesan?
- How much protein in salmon sushi roll?
- What is weight of grilled shrimp?
- Tropical Smoothie calories per ounce (oz)
- Bacon and egg sandwich calories per serving size