Russet Potato vs Red Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Russet potato
At first glance, you can see that in russet potato is more calories than in red potato.
Russet potato has 95 kcal per 100g and red potato 70 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 36%.
In russet potato and in red potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare russet potato with red potato in details.
Fact 2: Russet potato And Red potato Nutrition Difference
Red potato vs Russet potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Russet potato||Red potato|
|Carbohydrates||21.44 g||15.9 g|
|Fat||0.13 g||0.14 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.3 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||2.63 g||1.89 g|
|Water||74.45 g||80.96 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||1.07 mg||0.73 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||550 mg||455 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.067 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.348 mg||1.149 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.354 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.026 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.3 mg||8.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in russet potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in russet potato is more protein than in red potato.
There is 1.89g per 100g of red potato and 2.63g per 100g of russet potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 39%.
More carbohydrates in russet potato
In russet potato is more carbohydrates than in red potato.
There is 15.9g/100g of carbohydrates in red potato and 21.44g/100g in russet potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 35%.
Less fat in russet potato
In russet potato is less fats than in red potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.14g/100g of fats in red potato and 0.13g/100g in russet potato. In this case difference is about 8%.
- Carbohydrates21.44 g
- Fat0.13 g
- Dietary fiber2.3 g
- Protein2.63 g
- Water74.45 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 88% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: red potato vs russet potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): red potato 21% more than russet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): russet potato 55% more than red potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): russet potato 17% more than red potato
- Vitaminium B6: russet potato 108% more than red potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): russet potato 44% more than red potato
- Vitaminium C: red potato 4% more than russet potato
- Vitaminium E: russet potato 600% more than red potato
- Vitaminium K: red potato 50% more than russet potato
Minerals: russet potato vs red potato
Compares of russet potato
- Russet Potato vs Sweet Potato
- Russet Potato vs Yam
- Russet Potato vs Yuca
- Russet Potato vs Baby Potatoes
- Russet Potato vs Red Potato
- Russet Potato vs White Rice
- see all compares of russet potato
Compares of red potato
- Calories from Russet potato
- Calories of Skim milk
- Calories in Corn on the cob
- Cooked bacon calories per 100g
- Fried bread dough carbs per 100g
- Boiled neck bone protein per 100g
- Frozen french fries fat per 100g
- How many calories do Hot pockets have?
- Calories in a half of chicken drumstick
- Calories in whole chicken drumstick
- Calories for one, two or more chicken drumsticks
- How much protein in mushroom soup?
- Hot Chili Pepper vs Jalapeno nutrition
- Hot Chili Pepper vs Sweet Pepper calories
- Romaine Lettuce vs Iceberg Lettuce protein
- Edamame vs Garbanzo Beans sugar
- Grape Tomato vs Roma Tomato vitamins
- Pinto Beans vs Garbanzo Beans dietary fiber
- Pinto Beans vs Kidney Beans vitaminium C
- Pinto Beans vs Black Eyed Peas magnessium
- Iceberg Lettuce vs Salad Greens potassium