Poppy Seed vs Flaxseed: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Poppy seed
At first glance, you can see that in poppy seed is just a little less calories than in flaxseed.
Poppy seed has 525 kcal per 100g and flaxseed 534 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In poppy seed and in flaxseed most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare poppy seed with flaxseed in details.
Fact 2: Poppy seed And Flaxseed Nutrition Difference
Flaxseed vs Poppy seed: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Poppy seed||Flaxseed|
|Carbohydrates||28.13 g||28.88 g|
|Fat||41.56 g||42.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||19.5 g||27.3 g|
|Protein||17.99 g||18.29 g|
|Calcium||1438 mg||255 mg|
|Iron||9.76 mg||5.73 mg|
|Magnessium||347 mg||392 mg|
|Potassium||719 mg||813 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||30 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.854 mg||1.644 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.1 mg||0.161 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.896 mg||3.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.247 mg||0.473 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||82 mg||0.087 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.77 mg||0.31 mg|
Less protein in poppy seed
It is aslo easy to see see that in poppy seed is less protein than in flaxseed.
There is 18.29g per 100g of flaxseed and 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2%.
Less carbohydrates in poppy seed
In poppy seed is less carbohydrates than in flaxseed.
There is 28.88g/100g of carbohydrates in flaxseed and 28.13g/100g in poppy seed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 3%.
Less fat in poppy seed
In poppy seed is less fats than in flaxseed.
The tables above show us that there is 42.16g/100g of fats in flaxseed and 41.56g/100g in poppy seed. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates28.13 g
- Fat41.56 g
- Dietary fiber19.5 g
- Protein17.99 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: flaxseed vs poppy seed
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): flaxseed 93% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): flaxseed 61% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): flaxseed 244% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B6: flaxseed 91% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): poppy seed 94153% more than flaxseed
- Vitaminium C: poppy seed 67% more than flaxseed
- Vitaminium E: poppy seed 471% more than flaxseed
Minerals: poppy seed vs flaxseed
Compares of poppy seed
- Poppy Seed vs Chia Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Linseed
- Poppy Seed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Quinoa
- Poppy Seed vs Sesame
- Poppy Seed vs Sunflower
- see all compares of poppy seed
Compares of flaxseed
- Calories from Poppy seed
- Calories of Pumpkin seeds
- Calories in Quinoa
- Sesame seeds calories per 100g
- Sunflower Seeds carbs per 100g
- Walnuts protein per 100g
- Basil fat per 100g
- How many calories does borage have?
- Calories in a half of celery
- Calories in whole celery
- Calories for one, two or more celeries
- How much protein in chervil?