Sunflower Seeds: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in sunflower?
Case in point, handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 204 calories.
It is about 9% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 204 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of sunflower is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3.5 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 10.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about sunflower nutrition.
See all nutrition data of sunflower on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Sunflower Seeds (35 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of sunflower seeds (35 g)|
|Carbs Total||20 g||5.67 g||7 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||2.44 g||3 g|
|Fat||51.46 g||14.59 g||18 g|
|Protein||20.78 g||5.89 g||7.3 g|
sunflower - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A50 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)1.48 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.355 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)8.335 mg
- Vit B51.13 mg
- Vit B61.345 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)227 mcg
- Vit C1.4 mg
- Vit E35.17 mg
Energy content of sunflower
- 13% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
sunflower - minerals per 100g
- Potassium645 mg
- Phosphorus660 mg
- Magnessium325 mg
- Calcium78 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron5.25 mg
- Zink5 mg
- Beta karoten30 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 sunflower seeds?
As I wrote before handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) have 204 calories. It is easy to count that two sunflower seeds have about 408 calories and three sunflower seeds have about 612 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five sunflower seeds.
- Handful of sunflower seeds (35g)204 kcal
- Tablespoon of sunflower (15g)88 kcal
- Cup of sunflower (120g)701 kcal
- Half cup of sunflower (60g)350 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sunflower seeds166 kcal
- Half of medium size sunflower102 kcal
- Small size sunflower (28g)163.2 kcal
- Big size sunflower (46g)265.2 kcal
- Two medium size sunflower seeds408 kcal
- Three medium size sunflower seeds612 kcal
- Four medium size sunflower seeds816 kcal
- Five medium size sunflower seeds1020 kcal
Protein in sunflower
Sunflower seeds have 20.78 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) you can see that you will get about 7.3 g of protein.
Carbs in sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds have 20 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 7 g of carbs.
Fat in sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds have 51.46 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 18 g of fat.
handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has:204kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare sunflower with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how sunflower looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does coriander have?
- Calories in handful of dill leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of dill
- Calories in bunch of dill leaves
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in epazote?
- How much fat in garlic?
- How much protein in ginger?
- What is weight of lemongrass?
- Oregano calories per ounce (oz)
- Parsley calories per serving size