Flaxseed: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Also known as (other names): Flax seed
How many calories in flaxseed?
100g of flaxseed has about 534 calories (kcal).
Calories per: ounce | standard serving size, tablespoon | cup | half cup
Case in point, standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) has about 37 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 37 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from flaxseed is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about flaxseed nutrition.
See all nutrition data of flaxseed on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Standard Serving Size of Flaxseed (7 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g)|
|Carbs Total||28.88 g||8.19 g||2 g|
|Dietary fiber||27.3 g||7.74 g||1.9 g|
|Fat||42.16 g||11.95 g||3 g|
|Protein||18.29 g||5.19 g||1.3 g|
|Water||6.96 g||1.97 g||0.5 g|
flaxseed - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)1.644 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.161 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)3.08 mg
- Vit B60.473 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.087 mcg
- Vit C0.6 mg
- Vit E0.31 mg
- Vit K0.004 mg
Energy content of flaxseed
- 20% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
flaxseed - minerals per 100g
- Potassium813 mg
- Magnessium392 mg
- Calcium255 mg
- Sodium30 mg
- Iron5.73 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 flaxseed?
As I wrote before standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) has 37 calories. It is easy to count that two flaxseed have about 74 calories and three flaxseed have about 111 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five flaxseed.
- Standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g)37 kcal
- Tablespoon of flaxseed (7g)37 kcal
- Cup of flaxseed (168g)897 kcal
- Half cup of flaxseed (84g)449 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of flaxseed151 kcal
- Half of medium size flaxseed18.5 kcal
- Small size flaxseed (6g)29.6 kcal
- Big size flaxseed (9g)48.1 kcal
- Two medium size flaxseed74 kcal
- Three medium size flaxseed111 kcal
- Four medium size flaxseed148 kcal
- Five medium size flaxseed185 kcal
Protein in flaxseed
Flaxseed has 18.29 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) you can see that you will get about 1.3 g of protein.
Carbs in flaxseed
Flaxseed has 28.88 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) has about 2 g of carbs.
Fat in flaxseed
Flaxseed has 42.16 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) has about 3 g of fat.
standard serving size of flaxseed (7 g) has:37kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare flaxseed with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how flaxseed looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Pad Thai with seafood have?
- Calories in a half of chocolate chip cookie
- Calories in whole chocolate chip cookie
- Calories for one, two or more chocolate chip cookies
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in baby potatoes?
- How much fat in fried eggplant?
- How much protein in roasted cauliflower?
- What is weight of dried papaya?
- Slush bar calories per ounce (oz)
- Cooked egg noodles calories per serving size