Sesame Seeds: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sesame seeds: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, tablespoon and more
How many calories in sesame?
To show you what does it mean, handful of sesame (35 g) has about 201 calories.
It is about 8% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful sesame is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3.5 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 10.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 29 minutes, swim for about 24 minutes or run for 20 minutes.
See all nutrition data of sesame on charts.
Sesame seeds: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||23.45 g||~ 6.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||~ 3.3 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||~ 14.1 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||~ 5 g|
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of sesame seeds?
As I wrote before 100g has 573 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of sesame.
- Handful of sesame seeds (35g)201 kcal
- Tablespoon of sesame (15g)86 kcal
- Cup of sesame (128g)733 kcal
- Half cup of sesame (64g)367 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sesame162 kcal
- 10g of sesame57 kcal
- 20g of sesame115 kcal
- 50g of sesame287 kcal
- 100g of sesame573 kcal
Protein in sesame
Sesame has 17.73 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of sesame (35 g) you can see that you will get about 6.2 g of protein.
Carbs in sesame
Sesame has 23.45 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of sesame (35 g) has about 8.2 g of carbs.
Fat in sesame
Sesame has 49.67 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of sesame (35 g) has about 17.4 g of fat.
handful of sesame (35 g) has:201kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sesame - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A9 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.791 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.247 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)4.515 mg
- Vitaminium B50.05 mg
- Vitaminium B60.79 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)97 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.25 mg
Energy content of sesame
- 15% CARBS
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
sesame - minerals per 100g
- Potassium468 mg
- Phosphorus629 mg
- Magnessium351 mg
- Calcium975 mg
- Sodium11 mg
- Iron14.55 mg
- Zink7.75 mg
- Beta karoten5 mg
Interesting charts - compare sesame with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how sesame looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does chive have?
- Calories in handful of dandelions
- Calories in tablespoon of dandelions
- Calories in bunch of dandelions
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in dill?
- How much fat in epazote?
- How much protein in garlic?
- What is weight of ginger?
- Lemongrass calories per ounce (oz)
- Oregano calories per serving size