Sesame Seeds: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in sesame?
To show you what does it mean, handful of sesame (35 g) has about 201 calories.
It is about 8% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 201 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of sesame is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3.5 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 10.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about sesame nutrition.
See all nutrition data of sesame on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Sesame (35 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of sesame (35 g)|
|Carbs Total||23.45 g||6.65 g||8.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||3.35 g||4.1 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||14.08 g||17.4 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||5.03 g||6.2 g|
sesame - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A9 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.791 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.247 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)4.515 mg
- Vit B50.05 mg
- Vit B60.79 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)97 mcg
- Vit E0.25 mg
Energy content of sesame
- 15% CARBS
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
sesame - minerals per 100g
- Potassium468 mg
- Phosphorus629 mg
- Magnessium351 mg
- Calcium975 mg
- Sodium11 mg
- Iron14.55 mg
- Zink7.75 mg
- Beta karoten5 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 sesame seeds?
As I wrote before handful of sesame (35 g) has 201 calories. It is easy to count that two sesame seeds have about 402 calories and three sesame seeds have about 603 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five sesame seeds.
- Handful of sesame seeds (35g)201 kcal
- Tablespoon of sesame (15g)86 kcal
- Cup of sesame (128g)733 kcal
- Half cup of sesame (64g)367 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sesame162 kcal
- Half of medium size sesame100.5 kcal
- Small size sesame (28g)160.8 kcal
- Big size sesame (46g)261.3 kcal
- Two medium size sesame seeds402 kcal
- Three medium size sesame seeds603 kcal
- Four medium size sesame seeds804 kcal
- Five medium size sesame seeds1005 kcal
Protein in sesame
Sesame has 17.73 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of sesame (35 g) you can see that you will get about 6.2 g of protein.
Carbs in sesame
Sesame has 23.45 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of sesame (35 g) has about 8.2 g of carbs.
Fat in sesame
Sesame has 49.67 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of sesame (35 g) has about 17.4 g of fat.
handful of sesame (35 g) has:201kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare sesame with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how sesame looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does chive have?
- Calories in handful of dandelions
- Calories in tablespoon of dandelion
- Calories in bunch of dandelions
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in dill?
- How much fat in epazote?
- How much protein in garlic?
- What is weight of ginger?
- Lemongrass calories per ounce (oz)
- Oregano calories per serving size