Quinoa: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Quinoa: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, tablespoon and more
How many calories in quinoa?
To illustrate, handful of quinoa (35 g) has about 129 calories.
It is about 5% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful quinoa is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 6.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 18 minutes, swim for about 15 minutes or run for 13 minutes.
See all nutrition data of quinoa on charts.
Quinoa: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||64.16 g||~ 18.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||~ 2 g|
|Fat||6.07 g||~ 1.7 g|
|Protein||14.12 g||~ 4 g|
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of quinoa seeds?
As I wrote before 100g has 368 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of quinoa.
- Handful of quinoa seeds (35g)129 kcal
- Tablespoon of quinoa (15g)55 kcal
- Cup of quinoa (185g)681 kcal
- Half cup of quinoa (92.5g)340 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of quinoa104 kcal
- 10g of quinoa37 kcal
- 20g of quinoa74 kcal
- 50g of quinoa184 kcal
- 100g of quinoa368 kcal
Protein in quinoa
Quinoa has 14.12 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of quinoa (35 g) you can see that you will get about 4.9 g of protein.
Carbs in quinoa
Quinoa has 64.16 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of quinoa (35 g) has about 22.5 g of carbs.
Fat in quinoa
Quinoa has 6.07 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of quinoa (35 g) has about 2.1 g of fat.
handful of quinoa (35 g) has:129kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
quinoa - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A14 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.36 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.318 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.52 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)184 mcg
- Vitaminium E2.44 mg
Energy content of quinoa
- 70% CARBS
- 15% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
quinoa - minerals per 100g
- Potassium563 mg
- Phosphorus457 mg
- Magnessium197 mg
- Calcium47 mg
- Sodium5 mg
- Iron4.57 mg
- Zink3.1 mg
- Beta karoten8 mg
Interesting charts - compare quinoa with other seeds
When you look at charts below you will see how quinoa looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in dandelion?
- How much fat in dill?
- How much protein in epazote?
- What is weight of garlic?
- Ginger calories per ounce (oz)
- Lemongrass calories per serving size