Poppy Seed vs Sunflower Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Poppy seed
At first glance, you can see that in poppy seed is less calories than in sunflower.
Poppy seed has 525 kcal per 100g and sunflower 584 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 11%.
In poppy seed and in sunflower most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare poppy seed with sunflower in details.
Fact 2: Poppy seed And Sunflower Nutrition Difference
Sunflower vs Poppy seed: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Poppy seed||Sunflower Seeds|
|Carbohydrates||28.13 g||20 g|
|Fat||41.56 g||51.46 g|
|Dietary fiber||19.5 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||17.99 g||20.78 g|
|Calcium||1438 mg||78 mg|
|Iron||9.76 mg||5.25 mg|
|Magnessium||347 mg||325 mg|
|Phosphorus||870 mg||660 mg|
|Potassium||719 mg||645 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||7.9 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.854 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.1 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.896 mg||8.335 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.324 mg||1.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.247 mg||1.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||82 mg||227 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.77 mg||35.17 mg|
Less protein in poppy seed
It is aslo easy to see see that in poppy seed is less protein than in sunflower.
There is 20.78g per 100g of sunflower and 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
More carbohydrates in poppy seed
In poppy seed is more carbohydrates than in sunflower.
There is 20g/100g of carbohydrates in sunflower and 28.13g/100g in poppy seed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 41%.
Less fat in poppy seed
In poppy seed is less fats than in sunflower.
The tables above show us that there is 51.46g/100g of fats in sunflower and 41.56g/100g in poppy seed. In this case difference is about 24%.
- Carbohydrates28.13 g
- Fat41.56 g
- Dietary fiber19.5 g
- Protein17.99 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: sunflower vs poppy seed
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 73% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 255% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower 830% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower 249% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 445% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 177% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium C: sunflower 40% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 1887% more than poppy seed
Minerals: poppy seed vs sunflower
- Calcium: poppy seed 1744% more than sunflower
- Iron: poppy seed 86% more than sunflower
- Magnessium: poppy seed 7% more than sunflower
- Phosphorus: poppy seed 32% more than sunflower
- Potassium: poppy seed 11% more than sunflower
- Sodium: poppy seed 189% more than sunflower
- Zink: poppy seed 58% more than sunflower
Compares of poppy seed
- Poppy Seed vs Chia Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Linseed
- Poppy Seed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Quinoa
- Poppy Seed vs Sesame
- Poppy Seed vs Sunflower
- see all compares of poppy seed
Compares of sunflower
- Calories from Poppy seed
- Calories of Pumpkin seeds
- Calories in Quinoa
- Sesame seeds calories per 100g
- Sunflower Seeds carbs per 100g
- Walnuts protein per 100g
- Basil fat per 100g
- How many calories does borage have?
- Calories in a half of celery
- Calories in whole celery
- Calories for one, two or more celeries
- How much protein in chervil?