Flaxseed vs Almonds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Flaxseed
At first glance, you can see that in flaxseed is just a little less calories than in almonds.
Flaxseed has 534 kcal per 100g and almonds 579 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8%.
In flaxseed and in almonds most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare flaxseed with almonds in details.
Fact 2: Flaxseed And Almonds Nutrition Difference
Almonds vs Flaxseed: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||28.88 g||21.55 g|
|Fat||42.16 g||49.93 g|
|Dietary fiber||27.3 g||12.5 g|
|Protein||18.29 g||21.15 g|
|Calcium||255 mg||269 mg|
|Iron||5.73 mg||3.71 mg|
|Magnessium||392 mg||270 mg|
|Potassium||813 mg||733 mg|
|Sodium||30 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.644 mg||0.205 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.161 mg||1.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.08 mg||3.618 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.473 mg||0.137 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.087 mg||44 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.31 mg||26 mg|
Less protein in flaxseed
It is aslo easy to see see that in flaxseed is less protein than in almonds.
There is 21.15g per 100g of almonds and 18.29g per 100g of flaxseed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
More carbohydrates in flaxseed
In flaxseed is more carbohydrates than in almonds.
There is 21.55g/100g of carbohydrates in almonds and 28.88g/100g in flaxseed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 34%.
Less fat in flaxseed
In flaxseed is less fats than in almonds.
The tables above show us that there is 49.93g/100g of fats in almonds and 42.16g/100g in flaxseed. In this case difference is about 18%.
- Carbohydrates28.88 g
- Fat42.16 g
- Dietary fiber27.3 g
- Protein18.29 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: almonds vs flaxseed
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): flaxseed 702% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): almonds 607% more than flaxseed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): almonds 17% more than flaxseed
- Vitaminium B6: flaxseed 245% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): almonds 50475% more than flaxseed
- Vitaminium E: almonds 8287% more than flaxseed
Minerals: flaxseed vs almonds
Compares of flaxseed
- Flaxseed vs Chia Seeds
- Flaxseed vs Linseed
- Flaxseed vs Poppy Seed
- Flaxseed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Flaxseed vs Quinoa
- Flaxseed vs Pepitas
- see all compares of flaxseed
Compares of almonds
- Calories from Flaxseed
- Calories of Chanterelle mushrooms
- Calories in Scrambled egg sandwich
- Baked chicken wingettes calories per 100g
- Frozen yogurt carbs per 100g
- Tacos protein per 100g
- Skinless chicken breast fat per 100g
- How many calories does green tea have?
- Calories in tablespoon of rye flour
- How much protein in chocolate chip cookie?