Walnuts: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Walnuts: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in walnuts?
In particular, medium size walnuts (5 g) has about 33 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size walnuts is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 5 minutes, swim for about 4 minutes or run for 3 minutes.
See all nutrition data of walnuts on charts.
Walnuts: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 walnuts?
As I wrote before medium size walnuts (5 g) have 33 calories. It is easy to count that two walnuts have about 66 calories and three walnuts have about 99 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five walnuts.
- Medium size walnuts (5 g)33 kcal
- Handful of walnuts (35g)229 kcal
- Walnuts cup, chopped (125g)818 kcal
- Cup of walnuts (106g)693 kcal
- Half cup of walnuts (53g)347 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of walnuts185 kcal
- Half of medium size walnuts16.5 kcal
- Small size walnuts (4g)26.4 kcal
- Big size walnuts (7g)42.9 kcal
- Two medium size walnuts66 kcal
- Three medium size walnuts99 kcal
- Four medium size walnuts132 kcal
- Five medium size walnuts165 kcal
Protein in walnuts
Walnuts have 15.23 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size walnuts (5 g) you can see that you will get about 0.8 g of protein.
Carbs in walnuts
Walnuts have 13.71 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size walnuts (5 g) has about 0.7 g of carbs.
Fat in walnuts
Walnuts have 65.21 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size walnuts (5 g) has about 3.3 g of fat.
medium size walnuts (5 g) has:33kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
walnuts - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A20 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.341 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.15 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.125 mg
- Vitaminium B50.57 mg
- Vitaminium B60.537 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)98 mcg
- Vitaminium C1.3 mg
- Vitaminium E20.83 mg
- Vitaminium K2.7 mg
Energy content of walnuts
- 8% CARBS
- 9% PROTEIN
- 84% FAT
walnuts - minerals per 100g
- Potassium441 mg
- Phosphorus346 mg
- Magnessium158 mg
- Calcium98 mg
- Sodium2 mg
- Iron2.9 mg
- Zink3.09 mg
- Beta karoten12 mg
Do walnuts make you fat? Whether it is good to eat walnuts on diet?
Count of calories in walnuts is one of the highest from all products in nuts category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific nuts, walnuts seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other nuts.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If walnuts contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare walnuts with other nuts
When you look at charts below you will see how walnuts look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does dandelion have?
- Calories in handful of epazote herbs
- Calories in tablespoon of epazote herbs
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in garlic?
- How much fat in ginger?
- How much protein in lemongrass?
- What is weight of oregano?
- Parsley calories per ounce (oz)
- Peppermint calories per serving size