Basil: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Basil: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, cup and more
How many calories in basil?
For example, handful of basil (8 g) has about 2 calories.
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful basil is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 1 minute, swim for about 1 minute or run for 1 minute.
See all nutrition data of basil on charts.
Basil: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||2.65 g||~ 0.8 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.6 g||~ 0.5 g|
|Fat||0.64 g||~ 0.2 g|
|Protein||3.15 g||~ 0.9 g|
How many calories in handful, cup or half cup of basil?
As I wrote before 100g has 23 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, cup or half cup of basil.
- Handful of basil (8g)2 kcal
- Cup of basil (20g)5 kcal
- Half cup of basil (10g)2 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of basil7 kcal
- 10g of basil2 kcal
- 20g of basil5 kcal
- 50g of basil12 kcal
- 100g of basil23 kcal
Protein in basil
Basil has 3.15 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of basil (8 g) you can see that you will get about 0.3 g of protein.
Carbs in basil
Basil has 2.65 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of basil (8 g) has about 0.2 g of carbs.
Fat in basil
Basil has 0.64 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of basil (8 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
handful of basil (8 g) has:2kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
basil - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A5275 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.034 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.076 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.902 mg
- Vitaminium B50.209 mg
- Vitaminium B60.155 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)68 mcg
- Vitaminium C18 mg
- Vitaminium E0.8 mg
- Vitaminium K414.8 mg
Energy content of basil
- 37% CARBS
- 44% PROTEIN
- 20% FAT
basil - minerals per 100g
- Potassium295 mg
- Magnessium64 mg
- Calcium177 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron3.17 mg
- Zink0.81 mg
- Beta karoten3142 mg
Interesting charts - compare basil with other spices
When you look at charts below you will see how basil looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does dill have?
- Calories in a half of garlic
- Calories in whole garlic
- Calories for one, two or more garlic heads
- Calories in tablespoon of garlic heads
- Calories in teaspoon of garlic heads
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in ginger?
- How much fat in lemongrass?
- How much protein in oregano?
- What is weight of parsley?
- Peppermint calories per ounce (oz)
- Rosemary calories per serving size