Basil: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in basil?
For example, handful of basil (8 g) has about 2 calories.
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 2 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of basil is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- less than half of sugar cube
Take a look at tables below to see details about basil nutrition.
See all nutrition data of basil on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Basil (8 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of basil (8 g)|
|Carbs Total||2.65 g||0.75 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.6 g||0.45 g||0.1 g|
|Fat||0.64 g||0.18 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||3.15 g||0.89 g||0.3 g|
basil - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A5275 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.034 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.076 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.902 mg
- Vit B50.209 mg
- Vit B60.155 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)68 mcg
- Vit C18 mg
- Vit E0.8 mg
- Vit K414.8 mg
Energy content of basil
- 37% CARBS
- 44% PROTEIN
- 20% FAT
basil - minerals per 100g
- Potassium295 mg
- Magnessium64 mg
- Calcium177 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron3.17 mg
- Zink0.81 mg
- Beta karoten3142 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 basil?
As I wrote before handful of basil (8 g) has 2 calories. It is easy to count that two basil have about 4 calories and three basil have about 6 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five basil.
- Handful of basil (8g)2 kcal
- Cup of basil (20g)5 kcal
- Half cup of basil (10g)2 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of basil7 kcal
- Half of medium size basil1 kcal
- Small size basil (6g)1.6 kcal
- Big size basil (10g)2.6 kcal
- Two medium size basil4 kcal
- Three medium size basil6 kcal
- Four medium size basil8 kcal
- Five medium size basil10 kcal
Protein in basil
Basil has 3.15 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of basil (8 g) you can see that you will get about 0.3 g of protein.
Carbs in basil
Basil has 2.65 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of basil (8 g) has about 0.2 g of carbs.
Fat in basil
Basil has 0.64 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of basil (8 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
handful of basil (8 g) has:2kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare basil with other spices
When you look at charts below you will see how basil looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does dill have?
- Calories in a half of garlic
- Calories in whole garlic
- Calories for one, two or more garlic heads
- Calories in tablespoon of garlic
- Calories in teaspoon of garlic
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in ginger?
- How much fat in lemongrass?
- How much protein in oregano?
- What is weight of parsley?
- Peppermint calories per ounce (oz)
- Rosemary calories per serving size