Red Bell Pepper vs Eggplant: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is more calories than in eggplant.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and eggplant 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 29%.
In pepper and in eggplant most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with eggplant in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Eggplant Nutrition Difference
Eggplant vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Eggplant|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||5.7 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||3.4 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||1 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||230 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||0.649 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.084 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||22 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.58 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||3.5 mg|
Less protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is less protein than in eggplant.
There is 1g per 100g of eggplant and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1%.
More carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is more carbohydrates than in eggplant.
There is 5.7g/100g of carbohydrates in eggplant and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6%.
More fat in pepper
In pepper is more fats than in eggplant.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in eggplant and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 58%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: eggplant vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pepper 38% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 130% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pepper 51% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 246% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pepper 109% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium C: pepper 5705% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: pepper 427% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium K: pepper 40% more than eggplant
Minerals: pepper vs eggplant
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of eggplant
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?