Red Bell Pepper vs Peas: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is much less calories than in peas.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and peas 81 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 161%.
In pepper and in peas most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with peas in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Peas Nutrition Difference
Peas vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Peas|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||14.45 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||5.1 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||5.42 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||25 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||1.47 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||33 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||244 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||1.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.266 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.132 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||2.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.169 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||65 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||40 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.58 mg||0.13 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||24.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||449 mg|
Less protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is less protein than in peas.
There is 5.42g per 100g of peas and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 447%.
Less carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is less carbohydrates than in peas.
There is 14.45g/100g of carbohydrates in peas and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 140%.
Less fat in pepper
In pepper is less fats than in peas.
The tables above show us that there is 0.4g/100g of fats in peas and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 33%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: peas vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): peas 393% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): peas 55% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): peas 113% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 72% more than peas
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): peas 41% more than pepper
- Vitaminium C: pepper 219% more than peas
- Vitaminium E: pepper 1115% more than peas
- Vitaminium K: peas 406% more than pepper
- Beta karoten: peas 2145% more than pepper
Minerals: pepper vs peas
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of peas
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?