Eggplant vs Potato (Baked Or Cooked): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Eggplant
At first glance, you can see that in eggplant is much less calories than in potato.
Eggplant has 24 kcal per 100g and potato 93 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 288%.
In eggplant and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare eggplant with potato in details.
Fact 2: Eggplant And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Eggplant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Eggplant||Potato (baked or cooked)|
|Carbohydrates||5.7 g||21.15 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.13 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.4 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||1 g||2.5 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||1.08 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||28 mg|
|Potassium||230 mg||535 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.16 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.037 mg||0.048 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.649 mg||1.41 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.084 mg||0.311 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||22 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.2 mg||9.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium K||3.5 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in eggplant
It is aslo easy to see see that in eggplant is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.5g per 100g of potato and 1g per 100g of eggplant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 150%.
Less carbohydrates in eggplant
In eggplant is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 21.15g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 5.7g/100g in eggplant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 271%.
More fat in eggplant
In eggplant is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.13g/100g of fats in potato and 0.19g/100g in eggplant. In this case difference is about 46%.
- Carbohydrates5.7 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber3.4 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 80% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs eggplant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 64% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): potato 30% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 117% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B6: potato 270% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): eggplant 78471% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: potato 336% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: eggplant 650% more than potato
- Vitaminium K: eggplant 174900% more than potato
Minerals: eggplant vs potato
Compares of eggplant
- Eggplant vs Artichoke
- Eggplant vs Asparagus
- Eggplant vs Bamboo Shoots
- Eggplant vs Beetroot
- Eggplant vs Pepper
- Eggplant vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of eggplant
Compares of potato
- Calories from Eggplant
- Calories of Endive
- Calories in Fava beans
- Fennel calories per 100g
- Kale carbs per 100g
- Kohlrabi protein per 100g
- Leek fat per 100g
- How many calories does lettuce have?
- Calories in a half of lotus root
- Calories in whole lotus root
- Calories for one, two or more lotus roots
- Calories in slice of lotus root
- How much protein in moringa?