Red Bell Pepper vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is much less calories than in potato.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 148%.
In pepper and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with potato in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Potato|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||19.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||2 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||4 mg|
Less protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 107%.
Less carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 190%.
More fat in pepper
In pepper is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 50% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 166% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 8% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B6: potato 2% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pepper 207% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: pepper 548% more than potato
- Vitaminium K: pepper 145% more than potato
- Beta karoten: pepper 400% more than potato
Minerals: pepper vs potato
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of potato
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?