Red Bell Pepper vs Carrot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is less calories than in carrot.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and carrot 41 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 32%.
In pepper and in carrot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with carrot in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Carrot Nutrition Difference
Carrot vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Carrot|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||9.58 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||0.93 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||35 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||320 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||69 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||5.9 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||13.2 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||8285 mg|
More protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is more protein than in carrot.
There is 0.93g per 100g of carrot and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 6%.
Less carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is less carbohydrates than in carrot.
There is 9.58g/100g of carbohydrates in carrot and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 59%.
More fat in pepper
In pepper is more fats than in carrot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.24g/100g of fats in carrot and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 25%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: carrot vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): carrot 22% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 47% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot 0% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 111% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pepper 142% more than carrot
- Vitaminium C: pepper 2064% more than carrot
- Vitaminium K: carrot 169% more than pepper
- Beta karoten: carrot 41325% more than pepper
Minerals: pepper vs carrot
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of carrot
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?