Eggplant vs Zucchini: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Eggplant
At first glance, you can see that in eggplant is more calories than in zucchini.
Eggplant has 24 kcal per 100g and zucchini 17 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 41 %.
In eggplant and in zucchini most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare eggplant with zucchini in details.
Fact 2: Eggplant And Zucchini Nutrition Difference
Zucchini vs Eggplant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||5.7 g||3.11 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.32 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.4 g||1 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.21 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.37 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||18 mg|
|Potassium||230 mg||261 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||0.16 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.037 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.649 mg||0.451 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.281 mg||0.204 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.084 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||22 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.2 mg||17.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium K||3.5 mg||4.3 mg|
Less protein in eggplant
It is aslo easy to see see that in eggplant is less protein than in zucchini.
There is 1.21g per 100g of zucchini and 1g per 100g of eggplant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 21 %.
More carbohydrates in eggplant
In eggplant is more carbohydrates than in zucchini.
There is 3.11g/100g of carbohydrates in zucchini and 5.7g/100g in eggplant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 83 %.
Less fat in eggplant
In eggplant is less fats than in zucchini.
The tables above show us that there is 0.32g/100g of fats in zucchini and 0.19g/100g in eggplant. In this case difference is about 68 %.
- Carbohydrates5.7 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber3.4 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 80% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
Vitamins: zucchini vs eggplant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): zucchini 15% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): zucchini 154% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): eggplant 44% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B5: eggplant 38% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium B6: zucchini 94% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): zucchini 9% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium C: zucchini 714% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: eggplant 150% more than zucchini
- Vitaminium K: zucchini 23% more than eggplant
Minerals: eggplant vs zucchini
Compares of eggplant
- Eggplant vs Artichoke
- Eggplant vs Asparagus
- Eggplant vs Bamboo Shoots
- Eggplant vs Beetroot
- Eggplant vs Pepper
- Eggplant vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of eggplant
Compares of zucchini
- Calories from Eggplant
- Calories of Endive
- Calories in Fava beans
- Fennel calories per 100g
- Kale carbs per 100g
- Kohlrabi protein per 100g
- Leek fat per 100g
- How many calories does lettuce have?
- Calories in a half of lotus root
- Calories in whole lotus root
- Calories for one, two or more lotus roots
- Calories in slice of lotus root
- How much protein in moringa?