Red Bell Pepper vs Cucumber: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is much more calories than in cucumber.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and cucumber 15 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 107%.
In pepper and in cucumber most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with cucumber in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Cucumber Nutrition Difference
Cucumber vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Cucumber|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||3.63 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.11 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||0.65 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.28 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||147 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.58 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||16.4 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||45 mg|
More protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is more protein than in cucumber.
There is 0.65g per 100g of cucumber and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 52%.
More carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is more carbohydrates than in cucumber.
There is 3.63g/100g of carbohydrates in cucumber and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 66%.
More fat in pepper
In pepper is more fats than in cucumber.
The tables above show us that there is 0.11g/100g of fats in cucumber and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 173%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: cucumber vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pepper 100% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 158% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pepper 899% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 628% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pepper 557% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium C: pepper 4461% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium E: pepper 5167% more than cucumber
- Vitaminium K: cucumber 235% more than pepper
- Beta karoten: cucumber 125% more than pepper
Minerals: pepper vs cucumber
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of cucumber
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?