Red Bell Pepper vs Lettuce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is much more calories than in lettuce.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and lettuce 15 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 107%.
In pepper and in lettuce most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with lettuce in details.
Fact 2: Pepper And Lettuce Nutrition Difference
Lettuce vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Lettuce|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||2.87 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||1.3 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||1.36 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.86 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||13 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||194 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||28 mg|
|Zink||0.25 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||0.375 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||38 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||9.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.58 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||126.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||4443 mg|
Less protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is less protein than in lettuce.
There is 1.36g per 100g of lettuce and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37%.
More carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is more carbohydrates than in lettuce.
There is 2.87g/100g of carbohydrates in lettuce and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 110%.
More fat in pepper
In pepper is more fats than in lettuce.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in lettuce and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: lettuce vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lettuce 30% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 6% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pepper 161% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 223% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pepper 21% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium C: pepper 1288% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium E: pepper 445% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium K: lettuce 2478% more than pepper
- Beta karoten: lettuce 22115% more than pepper
Minerals: pepper vs lettuce
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of lettuce
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?