Eggplant vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Eggplant
At first glance, you can see that in eggplant is much less calories than in yam.
Eggplant has 24 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 350%.
In eggplant and in yam most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare eggplant with yam in details.
Fact 2: Eggplant And Yam Nutrition Difference
Yam vs Eggplant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||5.7 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.4 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||230 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.16 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.037 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.649 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.281 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.084 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||22 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.2 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||3.5 mg||2.3 mg|
Less protein in eggplant
It is aslo easy to see see that in eggplant is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1g per 100g of eggplant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53%.
Less carbohydrates in eggplant
In eggplant is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 5.7g/100g in eggplant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 389%.
More fat in eggplant
In eggplant is more fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.19g/100g in eggplant. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Carbohydrates5.7 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber3.4 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 80% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 6% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs eggplant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 187% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): eggplant 16% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): eggplant 18% more than yam
- Vitaminium B5: yam 12% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B6: yam 249% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): yam 5% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium C: yam 677% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: yam 17% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium K: eggplant 52% more than yam
Minerals: eggplant vs yam
Compares of eggplant
- Eggplant vs Artichoke
- Eggplant vs Asparagus
- Eggplant vs Bamboo Shoots
- Eggplant vs Beetroot
- Eggplant vs Pepper
- Eggplant vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of eggplant
Compares of yam
- Calories from Eggplant
- Calories of Endive
- Calories in Fava beans
- Fennel calories per 100g
- Kale carbs per 100g
- Kohlrabi protein per 100g
- Leek fat per 100g
- How many calories does lettuce have?
- Calories in a half of lotus root
- Calories in whole lotus root
- Calories for one, two or more lotus roots
- Calories in slice of lotus root
- How much protein in moringa?