Millet vs Brown Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Millet
At first glance, you can see that in millet is just a little more calories than in brown rice.
Millet has 378 kcal per 100g and brown rice 370 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In millet and in brown rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare millet with brown rice in details.
Fact 2: Millet And Brown rice Nutrition Difference
- Calories: millet - 2% more than brown rice
- Carbohydrates: brown rice - 8% more than millet
- Fat: millet - 53% more than brown rice
- Saturated fat: millet - 22% more than brown rice
- Dietary fiber: millet - 143% more than brown rice
- Protein: millet - 45% more than brown rice
- Water: brown rice - 13% more than millet
Brown rice vs Millet: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Millet||Brown rice|
|Carbohydrates||72.85 g||78.68 g|
|Fat||4.22 g||2.75 g|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g||0.49 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.5 g||3.5 g|
|Protein||11.02 g||7.6 g|
|Water||8.67 g||9.82 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||3.01 mg||1.16 mg|
|Magnessium||114 mg||98 mg|
|Potassium||195 mg||219 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.421 mg||0.277 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.29 mg||0.092 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.72 mg||4.973 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.384 mg||0.407 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.085 mg||0.014 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in millet
It is aslo easy to see see that in millet is more protein than in brown rice.
There is 7.6g per 100g of brown rice and 11.02g per 100g of millet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45%.
Less carbohydrates in millet
In millet is less carbohydrates than in brown rice.
There is 78.68g/100g of carbohydrates in brown rice and 72.85g/100g in millet so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
More fat in millet
In millet is more fats than in brown rice.
The tables above show us that there is 2.75g/100g of fats in brown rice and 4.22g/100g in millet. In this case difference is about 53%.
- Carbohydrates72.85 g
- Fat4.22 g
- Saturated fat0.6 g
- Dietary fiber8.5 g
- Protein11.02 g
- Water8.67 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
Vitamins: brown rice vs millet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): millet 52% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): millet 215% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 5% more than millet
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 6% more than millet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): millet 507% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: brown rice 80% more than millet
- Vitaminium K: brown rice 0% more than millet
Minerals: millet vs brown rice
Compares of millet
- Millet vs Couscous
- Millet vs Cooked Pasta
- Millet vs Brown Rice
- Millet vs Amaranth
- Millet vs Quinoa
- Millet vs Buckwheat
- see all compares of millet