Popcorn: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Also known as (other names): Popping corn
How many calories in popcorn?
Case in point, handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 15 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 15 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of popcorn is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about popcorn nutrition.
See all nutrition data of popcorn on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Popcorn (4 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of popcorn (4 g)|
|Carbs Total||77.78 g||22.05 g||3.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||14.5 g||4.11 g||0.6 g|
|Fat||4.54 g||1.29 g||0.2 g|
|Protein||12.94 g||3.67 g||0.5 g|
|Water||3.32 g||0.94 g||0.1 g|
popcorn - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A196 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.104 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.083 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)2.308 mg
- Vit B60.157 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.031 mcg
- Vit E0.29 mg
- Vit K0.001 mg
Energy content of popcorn
- 77% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
popcorn - minerals per 100g
- Potassium329 mg
- Phosphorus1.2 mg
- Magnessium144 mg
- Calcium7 mg
- Sodium8 mg
- Iron3.19 mg
- Zink1.2 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 popcorn?
As I wrote before handful of popcorn (4 g) has 15 calories. It is easy to count that two popcorn have about 30 calories and three popcorn have about 45 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five popcorn.
- Handful of popcorn (4g)15 kcal
- Glass full of popcorn (9g)35 kcal
- Cup of popcorn (8g)31 kcal
- Half cup of popcorn (4g)15 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of popcorn110 kcal
- Half of medium size popcorn7.5 kcal
- Small size popcorn (3g)12 kcal
- Big size popcorn (5g)19.5 kcal
- Two medium size popcorn30 kcal
- Three medium size popcorn45 kcal
- Four medium size popcorn60 kcal
- Five medium size popcorn75 kcal
Protein in popcorn
Popcorn has 12.94 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of popcorn (4 g) you can see that you will get about 0.5 g of protein.
Carbs in popcorn
Popcorn has 77.78 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 3.1 g of carbs.
Fat in popcorn
Popcorn has 4.54 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 0.2 g of fat.
handful of popcorn (4 g) has:15kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare popcorn with other snacks
When you look at charts below you will see how popcorn looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does shrimp have?
- Calories in a half of sesame bagel
- Calories in whole sesame bagel
- Calories for one, two or more sesame bagels
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Triscuits crackers?
- How much fat in long island iced tea?
- How much protein in soft serve ice cream?
- What is weight of McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Risotto calories per ounce (oz)
- Peanut butter cookies calories per serving size