Popcorn: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Popcorn: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, glass and more
Also known as (other names): Popping corn
How many calories in popcorn?
Case in point, handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 15 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful popcorn is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 2 minutes, swim for about 2 minutes or run for 2 minutes.
See all nutrition data of popcorn on charts.
Popcorn: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||77.78 g||~ 22.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||14.5 g||~ 4.1 g|
|Fat||4.54 g||~ 1.3 g|
|Protein||12.94 g||~ 3.7 g|
|Water||3.32 g||~ 0.9 g|
How many calories in handful, glass, cup or half cup of popcorn?
As I wrote before 100g has 387 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, glass, cup or half cup of popcorn.
- Handful of popcorn (4g)15 kcal
- Glass full of popcorn (9g)35 kcal
- Cup of popcorn (8g)31 kcal
- Half cup of popcorn (4g)15 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of popcorn110 kcal
- 10g of popcorn39 kcal
- 20g of popcorn77 kcal
- 50g of popcorn194 kcal
- 100g of popcorn387 kcal
Protein in popcorn
Popcorn has 12.94 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of popcorn (4 g) you can see that you will get about 0.5 g of protein.
Carbs in popcorn
Popcorn has 77.78 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 3.1 g of carbs.
Fat in popcorn
Popcorn has 4.54 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of popcorn (4 g) has about 0.2 g of fat.
handful of popcorn (4 g) has:15kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
popcorn - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A196 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.104 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.083 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)2.308 mg
- Vitaminium B60.157 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.031 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.29 mg
- Vitaminium K0.001 mg
Energy content of popcorn
- 77% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
popcorn - minerals per 100g
- Potassium329 mg
- Phosphorus1.2 mg
- Magnessium144 mg
- Calcium7 mg
- Sodium8 mg
- Iron3.19 mg
- Zink1.2 mg
Interesting charts - compare popcorn with other snacks
When you look at charts below you will see how popcorn looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does shrimp have?
- Calories in a half of sesame bagel
- Calories in whole sesame bagel
- Calories for one, two or more sesame bagels
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Triscuits crackers?
- How much fat in long island iced tea?
- How much protein in soft serve ice cream?
- What is weight of McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Risotto calories per ounce (oz)
- Peanut butter cookies calories per serving size