Millet: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in millet?
To show you what does it mean, standard serving size of millet (86 g) has about 325 calories.
It is about 14% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 325 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from millet is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 6 apples
- 4 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 3 slices of cheese
- 3 slices of bread
- 2.5 glasses of milk
- 17 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about millet nutrition.
See all nutrition data of millet on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Standard Serving Size of Millet (86 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||standard serving size of millet (86 g)|
|Carbs Total||72.85 g||20.65 g||62.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.5 g||2.41 g||7.3 g|
|Fat||4.22 g||1.2 g||3.6 g|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g||0.17 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||11.02 g||3.12 g||9.5 g|
|Water||8.67 g||2.46 g||7.5 g|
millet - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.421 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.29 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)4.72 mg
- Vit B60.384 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.085 mcg
- Vit E0.05 mg
- Vit K0.001 mg
Energy content of millet
- 78% CARBS
- 12% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
millet - minerals per 100g
- Potassium195 mg
- Phosphorus0.9 mg
- Magnessium114 mg
- Calcium8 mg
- Sodium5 mg
- Iron3.01 mg
- Zink0.9 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 millet?
As I wrote before standard serving size of millet (86 g) has 325 calories. It is easy to count that two millet have about 650 calories and three millet have about 975 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five millet.
- Standard serving size of millet (86 g)325 kcal
- Tablespoon of millet (13g)49 kcal
- Cup of millet (174g)658 kcal
- Half cup of millet (87g)329 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of millet107 kcal
- Half of medium size millet162.5 kcal
- Small size millet (69g)260 kcal
- Big size millet (112g)422.5 kcal
- Two medium size millet650 kcal
- Three medium size millet975 kcal
- Four medium size millet1300 kcal
- Five medium size millet1625 kcal
Protein in millet
Millet has 11.02 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size of millet (86 g) you can see that you will get about 9.5 g of protein.
Carbs in millet
Millet has 72.85 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size of millet (86 g) has about 62.7 g of carbs.
Fat in millet
Millet has 4.22 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size of millet (86 g) has about 3.6 g of fat.
standard serving size of millet (86 g) has:325kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare millet with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how millet looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does beer have?
- Calories in a half of sharp cheddar cheese
- Calories in whole sharp cheddar cheese
- Calories for one, two or more sharp cheddar cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of sharp cheddar cheese
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in sesame bagel?
- How much fat in Triscuits crackers?
- How much protein in long island iced tea?
- What is weight of soft serve ice cream?
- McDonalds Sundae Caramel calories per ounce (oz)
- Risotto calories per serving size