Garlic vs Potato (Baked Or Cooked): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Garlic
At first glance, you can see that in garlic is much more calories than in potato.
Garlic has 149 kcal per 100g and potato 93 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 60%.
In garlic and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare garlic with potato in details.
Fact 2: Garlic And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Garlic: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Garlic||Potato (baked or cooked)|
|Carbohydrates||33.06 g||21.15 g|
|Fat||0.5 g||0.13 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||6.36 g||2.5 g|
|Calcium||181 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||1.7 mg||1.08 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||153 mg||2 mg|
|Potassium||401 mg||535 mg|
|Sodium||153 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||1.16 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.2 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.11 mg||0.048 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||1.41 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.235 mg||0.311 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||3 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium C||31.2 mg||9.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.7 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in garlic
It is aslo easy to see see that in garlic is more protein than in potato.
There is 2.5g per 100g of potato and 6.36g per 100g of garlic so using simple math we can see that difference is about 154%.
More carbohydrates in garlic
In garlic is more carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 21.15g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 33.06g/100g in garlic so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 56%.
More fat in garlic
In garlic is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.13g/100g of fats in potato and 0.5g/100g in garlic. In this case difference is about 285%.
- Carbohydrates33.06 g
- Fat0.5 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein6.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | clove | cup | half cup
- 82% CARBS.
- 16% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs garlic
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): garlic 213% more than potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): garlic 129% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 101% more than garlic
- Vitaminium B6: garlic 297% more than potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): garlic 10614% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: garlic 225% more than potato
- Vitaminium E: garlic 100% more than potato
- Vitaminium K: garlic 84900% more than potato
Minerals: garlic vs potato
Compares of garlic
- Garlic vs Broccoli
- Garlic vs Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic vs Cucumber
- Garlic vs Kale
- Garlic vs Leek
- Garlic vs Moringa
- see all compares of garlic
Compares of potato
- Calories from Garlic
- Calories of Ginger
- Calories in Lemongrass
- Oregano calories per 100g
- Parsley carbs per 100g
- Peppermint protein per 100g
- Rosemary fat per 100g
- How many calories does sage have?
- Calories in handful of mint leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of mint leaves
- Calories in bunch of mint leaves
- How much protein in marjoram?