Garlic: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Garlic: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one garlic, tablespoon and more
How many calories in garlic?
To illustrate, medium size garlic (50 g) has about 75 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size garlic is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 3.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 11 minutes, swim for about 9 minutes or run for 8 minutes.
See all nutrition data of garlic on charts.
Garlic: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||33.06 g||~ 9.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||~ 0.6 g|
|Fat||0.5 g||~ 0.1 g|
|Protein||6.36 g||~ 1.8 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 garlic heads?
As I wrote before medium size garlic (50 g) has 75 calories. It is easy to count that two garlic heads have about 150 calories and three garlic heads have about 225 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five garlic heads.
- Medium size garlic (50 g)75 kcal
- Tablespoon of garlic (9g)13 kcal
- Teaspoon of garlic (3g)4 kcal
- Garlic clove (3g)4 kcal
- Cup of garlic (136g)203 kcal
- Half cup of garlic (68g)101 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of garlic42 kcal
- Half of medium size garlic37.5 kcal
- Small size garlic (40g)60 kcal
- Big size garlic (65g)97.5 kcal
- Two medium size garlic heads150 kcal
- Three medium size garlic heads225 kcal
- Four medium size garlic heads300 kcal
- Five medium size garlic heads375 kcal
Protein in garlic
Garlic has 6.36 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size garlic (50 g) you can see that you will get about 3.2 g of protein.
Carbs in garlic
Garlic has 33.06 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size garlic (50 g) has about 16.5 g of carbs.
Fat in garlic
Garlic has 0.5 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size garlic (50 g) has about 0.3 g of fat.
medium size garlic (50 g) has:75kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
garlic - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A9 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.2 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.11 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.7 mg
- Vitaminium B50.596 mg
- Vitaminium B61.235 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)3 mcg
- Vitaminium C31.2 mg
- Vitaminium E0.08 mg
- Vitaminium K1.7 mg
Energy content of garlic
- 82% CARBS
- 16% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
garlic - minerals per 100g
- Potassium401 mg
- Phosphorus153 mg
- Magnessium25 mg
- Calcium181 mg
- Sodium153 mg
- Iron1.7 mg
- Zink1.16 mg
- Beta karoten5 mg
Interesting charts - compare garlic with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how garlic looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.