Feta Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Feta cheese
At first glance, you can see that in feta cheese is less calories than in Parmesan.
Feta cheese has 265 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 48%.
In feta cheese and in Parmesan most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare feta cheese with Parmesan in details.
Fact 2: Feta cheese And Parmesan Nutrition Difference
Parmesan vs Feta cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Feta cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||3.88 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||21.49 g||25 g|
|Protein||14.21 g||35.75 g|
|Water||55.22 g||30 g|
|Calcium||493 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.65 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||62 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||1139 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.154 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.844 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.991 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.424 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.032 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.18 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in feta cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in feta cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 14.21g per 100g of feta cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 152%.
More carbohydrates in feta cheese
In feta cheese is more carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 3.88g/100g in feta cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 20%.
Less fat in feta cheese
In feta cheese is less fats than in Parmesan.
The tables above show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 21.49g/100g in feta cheese. In this case difference is about 16%.
- Carbohydrates3.88 g
- Fat21.49 g
- Protein14.21 g
- Water55.22 g
100g | ounce | cup | half cup | cube
- 6% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: Parmesan vs feta cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): feta cheese 295% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): feta cheese 154% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): feta cheese 266% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B6: feta cheese 366% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): feta cheese 357% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: Parmesan 22% more than feta cheese
- Vitaminium K: Parmesan 0% more than feta cheese
Minerals: feta cheese vs Parmesan
- Calcium: Parmesan 140% more than feta cheese
- Iron: Parmesan 26% more than feta cheese
- Magnessium: Parmesan 132% more than feta cheese
- Phosphorus: feta cheese 6% more than Parmesan
- Potassium: Parmesan 48% more than feta cheese
- Sodium: Parmesan 3% more than feta cheese
- Zink: feta cheese 6% more than Parmesan
Compares of feta cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Brie
- Feta Cheese vs Camembert
- Feta Cheese vs White Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of feta cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Feta cheese
- Calories of Oil (sunflower)
- Calories in Dried cherries
- Vodka calories per 100g
- Veal carbs per 100g
- Persian cucumber protein per 100g
- Tortellini fat per 100g
- How many calories does celery stalk have?
- Calories in a half of flan
- Calories in whole flan
- Calories for one, two or more flan
- Calories in tablespoon of flan
- Calories in slice of flan
- How much protein in rice and chicken?
- Feta Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Feta Cheese vs Egg calories
- Feta Cheese vs Boiled Egg protein
- Feta Cheese vs Butter sugar
- Feta Cheese vs Goat Cheese vitamins
- Feta Cheese vs Greek Yoghurt dietary fiber
- Feta Cheese vs Cheddar vitaminium C
- Feta Cheese vs Mozzarella magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Halloumi potassium