Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Edam cheese
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is more calories than in feta cheese.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and feta cheese 265 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 35%.
In Edam cheese and in feta cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with feta cheese in details.
Fact 2: Edam cheese And Feta cheese Nutrition Difference
Feta cheese vs Edam cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Feta cheese|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||3.88 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||21.49 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||14.21 g|
|Water||41 g||55.22 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||493 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.65 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||19 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.8 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||62 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||1139 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.154 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.844 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.991 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.424 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in Edam cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is more protein than in feta cheese.
There is 14.21g per 100g of feta cheese and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 76%.
Less carbohydrates in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in feta cheese.
There is 3.88g/100g of carbohydrates in feta cheese and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 171%.
More fat in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is more fats than in feta cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 21.49g/100g of fats in feta cheese and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 33%.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: feta cheese vs Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): feta cheese 316% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): feta cheese 117% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): feta cheese 1109% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B6: feta cheese 458% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): feta cheese 100% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese 33% more than feta cheese
- Vitaminium K: feta cheese 0% more than Edam cheese
Minerals: Edam cheese vs feta cheese
- Calcium: Edam cheese 48% more than feta cheese
- Iron: feta cheese 48% more than Edam cheese
- Magnessium: Edam cheese 58% more than feta cheese
- Phosphorus: Edam cheese 28% more than feta cheese
- Potassium: Edam cheese 203% more than feta cheese
- Sodium: feta cheese 17% more than Edam cheese
- Zink: Edam cheese 28% more than feta cheese
Compares of Edam cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Brie
- Edam Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- see all compares of Edam cheese
Compares of feta cheese
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Blackberry juice
- Rum calories per 100g
- Soy sauce carbs per 100g
- Smoked sausage protein per 100g
- Gyoza dumplings fat per 100g
- How many calories does funnel cake have?
- Calories in a half of Jm Beam
- Calories in whole Jm Beam
- Calories for one, two or more Jm Beam
- Calories in glass of Jm Beam
- Calories in cup of Jm Beam
- Calories in shot (small glass) of Jm Beam
- How much protein in fudge?
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese nutrition
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan calories
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese protein
- Edam Cheese vs Egg sugar
- Edam Cheese vs Cheddar vitamins
- Edam Cheese vs Mozzarella dietary fiber
- Edam Cheese vs Halloumi vitaminium C
- Feta Cheese vs Gouda Cheese magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Parmesan potassium