Couscous vs Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is less calories than in white rice.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and white rice 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 16%.
In couscous and in white rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with white rice in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And White rice Nutrition Difference
White rice vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||28.17 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||0.28 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||2.69 g|
|Water||72.57 g||68.44 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||3 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||35 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.013 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.04 mg|
More protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is more protein than in white rice.
There is 2.69g per 100g of white rice and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 41%.
Less carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in white rice.
There is 28.17g/100g of carbohydrates in white rice and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 21%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in white rice.
The tables above show us that there is 0.28g/100g of fats in white rice and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 75%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: white rice vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): couscous 215% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): couscous 108% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): couscous 146% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B6: white rice 82% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): couscous 400% more than white rice
- Vitaminium E: couscous 225% more than white rice
Minerals: couscous vs white rice
- Calcium: white rice 25% more than couscous
- Iron: couscous 90% more than white rice
- Magnessium: white rice 50% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: white rice 2900% more than couscous
- Potassium: couscous 66% more than white rice
- Sodium: couscous 400% more than white rice
- Zink: white rice 2900% more than couscous
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Whole Wheat Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of white rice
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Bread flour
- Fried egg calories per 100g
- Turkey carbs per 100g
- Pineapple juice protein per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) fat per 100g
- How many calories does argan oil have?
- Calories in a half of protein bar
- Calories in whole protein bar
- Calories for one, two or more protein bars
- How much protein in udon noodles?