Couscous: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in couscous?
To illustrate, tablespoon of couscous (15 g) has about 17 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 17 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon of couscous is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about couscous nutrition.
See all nutrition data of couscous on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Tablespoon of Couscous (15 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||tablespoon of couscous (15 g)|
|Carbs Total||23.22 g||6.58 g||3.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||< 0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||1.07 g||0.6 g|
|Water||72.57 g||20.57 g||10.9 g|
couscous - vitamins per 100g
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.063 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.027 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.983 mg
- Vit B60.051 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.015 mcg
- Vit E0.13 mg
Energy content of couscous
- 85% CARBS
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
couscous - minerals per 100g
- Potassium58 mg
- Phosphorus0.1 mg
- Magnessium8 mg
- Calcium8 mg
- Sodium5 mg
- Iron0.38 mg
- Zink0.1 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 couscous?
As I wrote before tablespoon of couscous (15 g) has 17 calories. It is easy to count that two couscous have about 34 calories and three couscous have about 51 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five couscous.
- Tablespoon of couscous (15g)17 kcal
- Glass full of couscous (200g)224 kcal
- Couscous cup cooked (157g)176 kcal
- Couscous cup raw (183g)205 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of couscous32 kcal
- Half of medium size couscous8.5 kcal
- Small size couscous (12g)13.6 kcal
- Big size couscous (20g)22.1 kcal
- Two medium size couscous34 kcal
- Three medium size couscous51 kcal
- Four medium size couscous68 kcal
- Five medium size couscous85 kcal
Protein in couscous
Couscous has 3.79 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of couscous (15 g) you can see that you will get about 0.6 g of protein.
Carbs in couscous
Couscous has 23.22 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of couscous (15 g) has about 3.5 g of carbs.
Fat in couscous
Couscous has 0.16 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of couscous (15 g) has about 0 g of fat.
tablespoon of couscous (15 g) has:17kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare couscous with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how couscous looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Grey Goose vodka?
- How much fat in cooked wild rice?
- How much protein in cooked soba noodles?
- What is weight of shredded chicken?
- Medjool dates calories per ounce (oz)
- Kung Pao pork calories per serving size