Hazelnuts vs Pine Nuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Hazelnuts
At first glance, you can see that in hazelnuts is just a little more calories than in Pine nuts.
Hazelnuts has 628 kcal per 100g and Pine nuts 673 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7 %.
In hazelnuts and in Pine nuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare hazelnuts with Pine nuts in details.
Fact 2: Hazelnuts And Pine nuts Nutrition Difference
Pine nuts vs Hazelnuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Hazelnuts||Pine nuts|
|Carbohydrates||16.7 g||13.08 g|
|Fat||60.75 g||68.37 g|
|Dietary fiber||9.7 g||3.7 g|
|Protein||14.95 g||13.69 g|
|Calcium||114 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||4.7 mg||5.53 mg|
|Magnessium||163 mg||251 mg|
|Phosphorus||290 mg||575 mg|
|Potassium||680 mg||597 mg|
|Zink||2.45 mg||6.45 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.643 mg||0.364 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.113 mg||0.227 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.8 mg||4.387 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.918 mg||0.313 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.563 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||113 mg||34 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.3 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||15 mg||9.33 mg|
|Beta karoten||11 mg||17 mg|
More protein in hazelnuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in hazelnuts is more protein than in Pine nuts.
There is 13.69g per 100g of Pine nuts and 14.95g per 100g of hazelnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9 %.
More carbohydrates in hazelnuts
In hazelnuts is more carbohydrates than in Pine nuts.
There is 13.08g/100g of carbohydrates in Pine nuts and 16.7g/100g in hazelnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 28 %.
Less fat in hazelnuts
In hazelnuts is less fats than in Pine nuts.
The tables above show us that there is 68.37g/100g of fats in Pine nuts and 60.75g/100g in hazelnuts. In this case difference is about 13 %.
- Carbohydrates16.7 g
- Fat60.75 g
- Dietary fiber9.7 g
- Protein14.95 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 10% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 81% FAT
Vitamins: Pine nuts vs hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): hazelnuts 77% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Pine nuts 101% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Pine nuts 144% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B5: hazelnuts 193% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B6: hazelnuts 499% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): hazelnuts 232% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium C: hazelnuts 688% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium E: hazelnuts 61% more than Pine nuts
- Beta karoten: Pine nuts 55% more than hazelnuts
Minerals: hazelnuts vs Pine nuts
Compares of hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Almonds
- Hazelnuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Chestnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of hazelnuts
Compares of Pine nuts
- Calories from Hazelnuts
- Calories of Macadamia nuts
- Calories in Peanuts
- Pecan calories per 100g
- Pine nuts carbs per 100g
- Pistachios protein per 100g
- Poppy seed fat per 100g
- How many calories do pumpkin seeds have?
- Calories in handful of sesame seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sesame seeds
- How much protein in sunflower?