Sunflower Seeds vs Pine Nuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sunflower
At first glance, you can see that in sunflower is less calories than in Pine nuts.
Sunflower has 584 kcal per 100g and Pine nuts 673 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
In sunflower and in Pine nuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sunflower with Pine nuts in details.
Fact 2: Sunflower And Pine nuts Nutrition Difference
Pine nuts vs Sunflower: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sunflower Seeds||Pine nuts|
|Carbohydrates||20 g||13.08 g|
|Fat||51.46 g||68.37 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||3.7 g|
|Protein||20.78 g||13.69 g|
|Calcium||78 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||5.25 mg||5.53 mg|
|Magnessium||325 mg||251 mg|
|Phosphorus||660 mg||575 mg|
|Potassium||645 mg||597 mg|
|Sodium||9 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||6.45 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.48 mg||0.364 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.355 mg||0.227 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.335 mg||4.387 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.13 mg||0.313 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.345 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||227 mg||34 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.4 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.17 mg||9.33 mg|
|Beta karoten||30 mg||17 mg|
More protein in sunflower
It is aslo easy to see see that in sunflower is more protein than in Pine nuts.
There is 13.69g per 100g of Pine nuts and 20.78g per 100g of sunflower so using simple math we can see that difference is about 52%.
More carbohydrates in sunflower
In sunflower is more carbohydrates than in Pine nuts.
There is 13.08g/100g of carbohydrates in Pine nuts and 20g/100g in sunflower so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 53%.
Less fat in sunflower
In sunflower is less fats than in Pine nuts.
The tables above show us that there is 68.37g/100g of fats in Pine nuts and 51.46g/100g in sunflower. In this case difference is about 33%.
- Carbohydrates20 g
- Fat51.46 g
- Dietary fiber8.6 g
- Protein20.78 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 13% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: Pine nuts vs sunflower
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 307% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 56% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower 90% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower 261% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 1331% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 568% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium C: sunflower 75% more than Pine nuts
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 277% more than Pine nuts
- Beta karoten: sunflower 76% more than Pine nuts
Minerals: sunflower vs Pine nuts
Compares of sunflower
- Sunflower vs Buckwheat
- Sunflower vs Chia Seeds
- Sunflower vs Poppy Seed
- Sunflower vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower vs Quinoa
- Sunflower vs Sesame
- see all compares of sunflower
Compares of Pine nuts
- see all compares of Pine nuts
- Calories from Sunflower Seeds
- Calories of Walnuts
- Calories in Basil
- Borage calories per 100g
- Burdock carbs per 100g
- Celery protein per 100g
- Chervil fat per 100g
- How many calories does chive have?
- Calories in handful of dandelions
- Calories in tablespoon of dandelions
- Calories in bunch of dandelions
- How much protein in dill?