Chia Seeds vs Sesame Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in sesame.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and sesame 573 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18%.
In chia seeds and in sesame most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with sesame in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Sesame Nutrition Difference
Sesame vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Sesame seeds|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||23.45 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||49.67 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||11.8 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||17.73 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||975 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||14.55 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||351 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||629 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||468 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||7.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.791 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.247 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||4.515 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||97 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||0.25 mg|
Less protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in sesame.
There is 17.73g per 100g of sesame and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 7%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in sesame.
There is 23.45g/100g of carbohydrates in sesame and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 80%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in sesame.
The tables above show us that there is 49.67g/100g of fats in sesame and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 62%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: sesame vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sesame 28% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame 45% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 96% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame 98% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium E: chia seeds 100% more than sesame
Minerals: chia seeds vs sesame
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of sesame
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?