Coconut: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Coconut: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in coconut?
For example, medium size coconut (390 g) has about 1381 calories.
It is about 58% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size of coconut is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 26.5 apples
- 17.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 14 slices of cheese
- 13 slices of bread
- 11 glasses of milk
- 72.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 197 minutes, swim for about 163 minutes or run for 139 minutes.
Coconut: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 coconuts?
As I wrote before medium size coconut (390 g) have 1381 calories. It is easy to count that two coconuts have about 2762 calories and three coconuts have about 4143 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five coconuts.
- Medium size coconut (390 g)1381 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of coconuts100 kcal
- Half of medium size coconut690.5 kcal
- Small size coconut (312g)1104.8 kcal
- Big size coconut (507g)1795.3 kcal
- Two medium size coconuts2762 kcal
- Three medium size coconuts4143 kcal
- Four medium size coconuts5524 kcal
- Five medium size coconuts6905 kcal
Protein in coconut
Coconuts have 3.3 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size coconut (390 g) you can see that you will get about 12.9 g of protein.
Carbs in coconuts
Coconuts have 15.23 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size coconut (390 g) has about 59.4 g of carbs.
Fat in coconuts
Coconuts have 33.49 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size coconut (390 g) has about 130.6 g of fat.
medium size coconut (390 g) has:1381kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
coconut - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.066 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.02 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.54 mg
- Vitaminium B50.3 mg
- Vitaminium B60.054 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)26 mcg
- Vitaminium C3.3 mg
- Vitaminium E0.24 mg
- Vitaminium K0.2 mg
Energy content of coconut
- 16% CARBS
- 4% PROTEIN
- 80% FAT
coconut - minerals per 100g
- Potassium356 mg
- Phosphorus113 mg
- Magnessium32 mg
- Calcium14 mg
- Sodium20 mg
- Iron2.43 mg
- Zink1.1 mg
Does coconut cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Coconut have one of the hight count of calories within nuts. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific nuts, coconut seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other nuts.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If coconuts contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do poppy seed have?
- Calories in handful of quinoa seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of quinoa seeds
- Calories in glass of quinoa seeds
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in sesame?
- How much fat in sunflower?
- How much protein in walnuts?
- What is weight of basil?
- Borage calories per ounce (oz)
- Burdock calories per serving size