Sesame Seeds vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sesame
At first glance, you can see that in sesame is less calories than in walnuts.
Sesame has 573 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 14%.
In sesame and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sesame with walnuts in details.
Fact 2: Sesame And Walnuts Nutrition Difference
Walnuts vs Sesame: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sesame seeds||Walnuts|
|Carbohydrates||23.45 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||975 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||14.55 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||351 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||629 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||468 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||7.75 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.791 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.247 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.515 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.05 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.79 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||20.83 mg|
|Beta karoten||5 mg||12 mg|
More protein in sesame
It is aslo easy to see see that in sesame is more protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 17.73g per 100g of sesame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
More carbohydrates in sesame
In sesame is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 23.45g/100g in sesame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 71%.
Less fat in sesame
In sesame is less fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 49.67g/100g in sesame. In this case difference is about 31%.
- Carbohydrates23.45 g
- Fat49.67 g
- Dietary fiber11.8 g
- Protein17.73 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 15% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs sesame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sesame 132% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame 65% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sesame 301% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B5: walnuts 1040% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sesame 47% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts 1% more than sesame
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 8232% more than sesame
- Beta karoten: walnuts 140% more than sesame
Minerals: sesame vs walnuts
Compares of sesame
- Sesame vs Buckwheat
- Sesame vs Chia Seeds
- Sesame vs Linseed
- Sesame vs Poppy Seed
- Sesame vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame vs Quinoa
- see all compares of sesame
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Sesame seeds
- Calories of Sunflower Seeds
- Calories in Walnuts
- Basil calories per 100g
- Borage carbs per 100g
- Burdock protein per 100g
- Celery fat per 100g
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How much protein in dandelion?
- Sesame vs Tahini nutrition
- Sunflower Seeds vs Almonds calories
- Sunflower Seeds vs Peanuts protein
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pine Nuts sugar
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pistachios vitamins
- Sunflower Seeds vs Cashews dietary fiber
- Sunflower Seeds vs Walnuts vitaminium C
- Basil vs Cilantro magnessium
- Basil vs Spinach potassium