Buckwheat vs Barley: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Buckwheat
At first glance, you can see that in buckwheat is just a little less calories than in barley.
Buckwheat has 343 kcal per 100g and barley 352 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In buckwheat and in barley most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare buckwheat with barley in details.
Fact 2: Buckwheat And Barley Nutrition Difference
Barley vs Buckwheat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||71.5 g||77.72 g|
|Fat||3.4 g||1.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||15.6 g|
|Protein||13.25 g||9.91 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||29 mg|
|Iron||2.2 mg||2.5 mg|
|Magnessium||231 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||460 mg||280 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.101 mg||0.191 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.425 mg||0.114 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||7.02 mg||4.604 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||30 mg||0.023 mg|
More protein in buckwheat
It is aslo easy to see see that in buckwheat is more protein than in barley.
There is 9.91g per 100g of barley and 13.25g per 100g of buckwheat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 34%.
Less carbohydrates in buckwheat
In buckwheat is less carbohydrates than in barley.
There is 77.72g/100g of carbohydrates in barley and 71.5g/100g in buckwheat so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 9%.
More fat in buckwheat
In buckwheat is more fats than in barley.
The tables above show us that there is 1.16g/100g of fats in barley and 3.4g/100g in buckwheat. In this case difference is about 193%.
- Carbohydrates71.5 g
- Fat3.4 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein13.25 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 77% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: barley vs buckwheat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): barley 89% more than buckwheat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buckwheat 273% more than barley
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buckwheat 52% more than barley
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): buckwheat 130335% more than barley
Minerals: buckwheat vs barley
Compares of buckwheat
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Linseed
- Buckwheat vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Quinoa
- Buckwheat vs Sesame
- Buckwheat vs Sunflower
- see all compares of buckwheat
Compares of barley
- Quinoa vs Couscous nutrition
- Jasmine Rice vs Quinoa calories
- Jasmine Rice vs Rice protein
- Jasmine Rice vs Brown Rice sugar
- Jasmine Rice vs Basmati Rice vitamins
- Wheat Flour vs Cornstarch dietary fiber
- Wholemeal Pasta vs Raw Pasta vitaminium C
- Wholemeal Pasta vs Brown Rice magnessium
- Oatmeal vs Corn Flakes potassium