Buckwheat: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Buckwheat: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in buckwheat?
To give you an idea, handful of buckwheat (50 g) has about 172 calories.
It is about 7% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful buckwheat is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3 apples
- 2 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1.5 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 9 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 25 minutes, swim for about 20 minutes or run for 17 minutes.
See all nutrition data of buckwheat on charts.
Buckwheat: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of buckwheat?
As I wrote before 100g has 343 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, cup or half cup of buckwheat.
- Handful of buckwheat (50g)172 kcal
- Tablespoon of buckwheat (15g)51 kcal
- Cup of buckwheat (170g)583 kcal
- Half cup of buckwheat (85g)292 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of buckwheat97 kcal
- 10g of buckwheat34 kcal
- 20g of buckwheat69 kcal
- 50g of buckwheat172 kcal
- 100g of buckwheat343 kcal
Protein in buckwheat
Buckwheat has 13.25 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of buckwheat (50 g) you can see that you will get about 6.6 g of protein.
Carbs in buckwheat
Buckwheat has 71.5 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of buckwheat (50 g) has about 35.8 g of carbs.
Fat in buckwheat
Buckwheat has 3.4 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of buckwheat (50 g) has about 1.7 g of fat.
handful of buckwheat (50 g) has:172kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
buckwheat - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.101 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.425 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)7.02 mg
- Vitaminium B51.233 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)30 mcg
Energy content of buckwheat
- 77% CARBS
- 14% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
buckwheat - minerals per 100g
- Potassium460 mg
- Phosphorus347 mg
- Magnessium231 mg
- Calcium18 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron2.2 mg
- Zink2.4 mg
Does buckwheat make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Count of calories in buckwheat is one of the highest from all products in grain products category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific grain products, buckwheat seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other grain products.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If buckwheat contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Interesting charts - compare buckwheat with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how buckwheat looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do macadamia nuts have?
- Calories in a half of pecan
- Calories in whole pecan
- Calories for one, two or more pecans
- Calories in handful of pecans
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in Pine nuts?
- How much fat in pistachios?
- How much protein in poppy seed?
- What is weight of pumpkin seeds?
- Quinoa calories per ounce (oz)
- Sesame calories per serving size