Cashew Nuts: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Cashew nuts: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
Also known as (other names): Cashews
How many calories in cashew nuts?
To show you what does it mean, handful of cashew nuts (45 g) has about 249 calories.
It is about 10% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful cashew nuts is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 4.5 apples
- 3 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2.5 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 glasses of milk
- 13 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 35 minutes, swim for about 29 minutes or run for 25 minutes.
Cashew nuts: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon or glass of cashew nuts?
As I wrote before 100g have 553 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon or glass of cashew nuts.
- Handful of cashew nuts (45g)249 kcal
- Tablespoon of cashew nuts (15g)83 kcal
- Glass full of cashew nuts (170g)940 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of cashew nuts157 kcal
- 10g of cashew nuts55 kcal
- 20g of cashew nuts111 kcal
- 50g of cashew nuts277 kcal
- 100g of cashew nuts553 kcal
Protein in cashew nuts
Cashew nuts have 18.22 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of cashew nuts (45 g) you can see that you will get about 8.2 g of protein.
Carbs in cashew nuts
Cashew nuts have 30.19 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of cashew nuts (45 g) has about 13.6 g of carbs.
Fat in cashew nuts
Cashew nuts have 43.85 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of cashew nuts (45 g) has about 19.7 g of fat.
handful of cashew nuts (45 g) has:249kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
cashew nuts - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.423 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.058 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.062 mg
- Vitaminium B50.864 mg
- Vitaminium B60.417 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)25 mcg
- Vitaminium C0.5 mg
- Vitaminium E5.31 mg
- Vitaminium K34.1 mg
Energy content of cashew nuts
- 21% CARBS
- 12% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
cashew nuts - minerals per 100g
- Potassium660 mg
- Phosphorus593 mg
- Magnessium292 mg
- Calcium37 mg
- Sodium12 mg
- Iron6.68 mg
- Zink5.78 mg
Do cashew nuts make you fat? Whether it is good to eat cashew nuts on diet?
Cashew nuts have one of the hight number of calories within nuts. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific nuts, cashew nuts seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other nuts.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If cashew nuts contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does pecan have?
- Calories in handful of pistachios
- Calories in tablespoon of pistachios
- Calories in glass of pistachios
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in poppy seed?
- How much fat in pumpkin seeds?
- How much protein in quinoa?
- What is weight of sesame?
- Sunflower calories per ounce (oz)
- Walnuts calories per serving size