Chestnuts: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in chestnuts?
100g of chestnuts have about 213 calories (kcal).
Calories per: ounce | one chestnuts | handful | cup | half cup
Case in point, medium size chestnuts (5 g) have about 11 calories.
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 11 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from chestnuts is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 cube of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about chestnuts nutrition.
See all nutrition data of chestnuts on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Chestnuts (5 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size chestnuts (5 g)|
|Carbs Total||45.54 g||12.91 g||2.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.1 g||2.3 g||0.4 g|
|Fat||2.26 g||0.64 g||0.1 g|
|Protein||2.42 g||0.69 g||0.1 g|
chestnuts - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A28 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.238 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.168 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.179 mg
- Vit B50.509 mg
- Vit B60.376 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)62 mcg
- Vit C43 mg
Energy content of chestnuts
- 86% CARBS
- 5% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
chestnuts - minerals per 100g
- Potassium518 mg
- Phosphorus93 mg
- Magnessium32 mg
- Calcium27 mg
- Sodium3 mg
- Iron1.01 mg
- Zink0.52 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 chestnuts?
As I wrote before medium size chestnuts (5 g) have 11 calories. It is easy to count that two chestnuts have about 22 calories and three chestnuts have about 33 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five chestnuts.
- Medium size chestnuts (5 g)11 kcal
- Handful of chestnuts (70g)149 kcal
- Cup of chestnuts (143g)305 kcal
- Half cup of chestnuts (71.5g)152 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of chestnuts60 kcal
- Half of medium size chestnuts5.5 kcal
- Small size chestnuts (4g)8.8 kcal
- Big size chestnuts (7g)14.3 kcal
- Two medium size chestnuts22 kcal
- Three medium size chestnuts33 kcal
- Four medium size chestnuts44 kcal
- Five medium size chestnuts55 kcal
Protein in chestnuts
Chestnuts have 2.42 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size chestnuts (5 g) you can see that you will get about 0.1 g of protein.
Carbs in chestnuts
Chestnuts have 45.54 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size chestnuts (5 g) has about 2.3 g of carbs.
Fat in chestnuts
Chestnuts have 2.26 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size chestnuts (5 g) has about 0.1 g of fat.
medium size chestnuts (5 g) has:11kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare chestnuts with other nuts
When you look at charts below you will see how chestnuts look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in pumpkin seeds?
- How much fat in quinoa?
- How much protein in sesame?
- What is weight of sunflower?
- Walnuts calories per ounce (oz)
- Basil calories per serving size