Quinoa vs Couscous: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Quinoa
At first glance, you can see that in quinoa is much more calories than in couscous.
Quinoa has 368 kcal per 100g and couscous 112 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 229%.
In quinoa and in couscous most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare quinoa with couscous in details.
Fact 2: Quinoa And Couscous Nutrition Difference
Couscous vs Quinoa: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||64.16 g||23.22 g|
|Fat||6.07 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||14.12 g||3.79 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||4.57 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||197 mg||8 mg|
|Phosphorus||457 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||563 mg||58 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||3.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.36 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.318 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.52 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||184 mg||0.015 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.44 mg||0.13 mg|
More protein in quinoa
It is aslo easy to see see that in quinoa is more protein than in couscous.
There is 3.79g per 100g of couscous and 14.12g per 100g of quinoa so using simple math we can see that difference is about 273%.
More carbohydrates in quinoa
In quinoa is more carbohydrates than in couscous.
There is 23.22g/100g of carbohydrates in couscous and 64.16g/100g in quinoa so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 176%.
More fat in quinoa
In quinoa is more fats than in couscous.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in couscous and 6.07g/100g in quinoa. In this case difference is about 3694%.
- Carbohydrates64.16 g
- Fat6.07 g
- Dietary fiber7 g
- Protein14.12 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 70% CARBS.
- 15% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Vitamins: couscous vs quinoa
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): quinoa 471% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): quinoa 1078% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): quinoa 55% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): quinoa 1226567% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: quinoa 1777% more than couscous
Minerals: quinoa vs couscous
Compares of quinoa
- Quinoa vs Buckwheat
- Quinoa vs Chia Seeds
- Quinoa vs Linseed
- Quinoa vs Poppy Seed
- Quinoa vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Quinoa vs Sesame
- see all compares of quinoa
Compares of couscous
- Calories from Quinoa
- Calories of Sesame seeds
- Calories in Sunflower Seeds
- Walnuts calories per 100g
- Basil carbs per 100g
- Borage protein per 100g
- Burdock fat per 100g
- How many calories does celery have?
- Calories in handful of chives
- Calories in tablespoon of chives
- Calories in bunch of chives
- How much protein in coriander?
- Jasmine Rice vs Quinoa nutrition
- Jasmine Rice vs Rice calories
- Jasmine Rice vs Brown Rice protein
- Jasmine Rice vs Basmati Rice sugar
- Wheat Flour vs Cornstarch vitamins
- Wholemeal Pasta vs Raw Pasta dietary fiber
- Wholemeal Pasta vs Brown Rice vitaminium C
- Oatmeal vs Corn Flakes magnessium
- Oatmeal vs Rice potassium