Brown Rice vs Millet: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is just a little less calories than in millet.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and millet 378 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In brown rice and in millet most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with millet in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And Millet Nutrition Difference
- Calories: millet - 2% more than brown rice
- Carbohydrates: brown rice - 8% more than millet
- Fat: millet - 53% more than brown rice
- Saturated fat: millet - 22% more than brown rice
- Dietary fiber: millet - 143% more than brown rice
- Protein: millet - 45% more than brown rice
- Water: brown rice - 13% more than millet
Millet vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Millet|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||72.85 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||4.22 g|
|Saturated fat||0.49 g||0.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||11.02 g|
|Water||9.82 g||8.67 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||3.01 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||114 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||195 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.421 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||4.72 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.384 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.014 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is less protein than in millet.
There is 11.02g per 100g of millet and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in millet.
There is 72.85g/100g of carbohydrates in millet and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
Less fat in brown rice
In brown rice is less fats than in millet.
The tables above show us that there is 4.22g/100g of fats in millet and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 53%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Saturated fat0.49 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
- Water9.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: millet vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): millet 52% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): millet 215% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 5% more than millet
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 6% more than millet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): millet 507% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: brown rice 80% more than millet
- Vitaminium K: millet 0% more than brown rice
Minerals: brown rice vs millet
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of millet
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does Swiss cheese have?
- Calories in glass of grape juice
- How much protein in red wine?
- Brown Rice vs Raw Pasta nutrition
- Fluor vs Oat Flour calories
- Flour vs Almond Flour protein
- Arrowroot Flour vs Fluor sugar
- Potato Flour vs Wheat Flour vitamins
- Potato Flour vs Arrowroot Flour dietary fiber
- Potato Flour vs Cornstarch vitaminium C
- Potato Flour vs All-Purpose Flour magnessium
- Soy Flour vs Wheat Flour potassium