Brie vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Brie
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18%.
In Brie and in Swiss cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Brie with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Brie And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Brie: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brie||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||26.96 g|
|Water||48.42 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in Brie
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is less protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 30%.
Less carbohydrates in Brie
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 220%.
Less fat in Brie
In Brie is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs Brie
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brie 536% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brie 72% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brie 494% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Brie 231% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brie 550% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 150% more than Brie
- Vitaminium K: Brie 100% more than Swiss cheese
Minerals: Brie vs Swiss cheese
Compares of Brie
- Brie vs Blue Cheese
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Feta Cheese
- Brie vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Brie
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Wiener (hot dog)
- Coconut water calories per 100g
- Salmon carbs per 100g
- Nutella protein per 100g
- Paratha fat per 100g
- How many calories does ham steak have?
- Calories in a half of chicken shawarma
- Calories in whole chicken shawarma
- Calories for one, two or more chicken shawarma
- How much protein in chobani yogurt nonfat?