Bitter Melon vs Watercress: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much more calories than in watercress.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and watercress 11 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 55%.
In bitter melon and in watercress most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with watercress in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Watercress Nutrition Difference
Watercress vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Watercress|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||1.29 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||1 g||2.3 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||120 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||330 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||41 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.129 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||43 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in watercress.
There is 2.3g per 100g of watercress and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 130%.
More carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is more carbohydrates than in watercress.
There is 1.29g/100g of carbohydrates in watercress and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 187%.
More fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is more fats than in watercress.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in watercress and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: watercress vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watercress 125% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): watercress 200% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bitter melon 100% more than watercress
- Vitaminium B5: watercress 46% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: watercress 200% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 700% more than watercress
- Vitaminium C: bitter melon 95% more than watercress
Minerals: bitter melon vs watercress
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of watercress
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?