Bitter Melon vs Carrot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in carrot.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and carrot 41 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 141%.
In bitter melon and in carrot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with carrot in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Carrot Nutrition Difference
Carrot vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Carrot|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||9.58 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||1 g||0.93 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||320 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||69 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.273 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||5.9 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||8285 mg|
More protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is more protein than in carrot.
There is 0.93g per 100g of carrot and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in carrot.
There is 9.58g/100g of carbohydrates in carrot and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 159%.
Less fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less fats than in carrot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.24g/100g of fats in carrot and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 41%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: carrot vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): carrot 65% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): carrot 45% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot 146% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: carrot 29% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: carrot 221% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 279% more than carrot
- Vitaminium C: bitter melon 1324% more than carrot
- Beta karoten: carrot 4378% more than bitter melon
Minerals: bitter melon vs carrot
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of carrot
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?