Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in Brussels sprouts.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and Brussels sprouts 43 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 153%.
In bitter melon and in Brussels sprouts most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with Brussels sprouts in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Brussels sprouts Nutrition Difference
Brussels sprouts vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Brussels sprouts|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||8.95 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||3.8 g|
|Protein||1 g||3.38 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||42 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||1.4 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||389 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||25 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.139 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.745 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.309 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.219 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||61 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||85 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||450 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in Brussels sprouts.
There is 3.38g per 100g of Brussels sprouts and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 238%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in Brussels sprouts.
There is 8.95g/100g of carbohydrates in Brussels sprouts and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 142%.
Less fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less fats than in Brussels sprouts.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in Brussels sprouts and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 76%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: Brussels sprouts vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brussels sprouts 248% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brussels sprouts 2150% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brussels sprouts 86% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: Brussels sprouts 46% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: Brussels sprouts 409% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 18% more than Brussels sprouts
- Vitaminium C: Brussels sprouts 1% more than bitter melon
- Beta karoten: Brussels sprouts 143% more than bitter melon
Minerals: bitter melon vs Brussels sprouts
- Calcium: Brussels sprouts 121% more than bitter melon
- Iron: Brussels sprouts 226% more than bitter melon
- Magnessium: Brussels sprouts 35% more than bitter melon
- Potassium: Brussels sprouts 31% more than bitter melon
- Sodium: Brussels sprouts 400% more than bitter melon
- Zink: bitter melon 90% more than Brussels sprouts
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of Brussels sprouts
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?